Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Hooray for Henry

The November issue of Nightshift is up online now, featuring my thoughts on the new(ish) Slate Hearts EP Honey Roasted Henry. Enjoying its grungey delights and Cobain-esque levels of self-loathing got me thinking that they would make perfect local support for my chums in Elvana, so I took to Facebook on Friday to suggest the idea - only to discover that the two bands were playing together that very evening in Leicester. What are the chances?! Turns out Slate Hearts' set at Common People in Oxford in May impressed the members of Elvana (who were also on the bill), they bumped into each other later that day, and the rest was history.

Also in the latest issue of the magazine is Dale Kattack's enthusiastic review of Saturday's inaugural Ritual Union festival. I missed the Future Perfect-curated event due to a diary clash, but have heard it was good from other sources, too, and the verdicts on the sets by Josefin Ohrn + The Liberation and Bo Ningen in particular have got me questioning the wisdom of not being there.

No comments: