Friday, November 10, 2017

Goodbye to all that

At the end of the month, I'll be bidding farewell to life as a freelancer (at least for the foreseeable future) and returning to the world of "proper" work as the editorial assistant for a couple of journals based at the university here in Cardiff. For the last three and a half years, the flexibility has been great, but I can't pretend that I'm not excited or at least relieved at the prospect of earning more (possibly enough to actually start buying albums again - here's hoping!) and not having to work in the evenings, at weekends and often even when supposedly on "holiday".

That latter fact might actually mean more posts round these parts - though I'm reluctant to make any promises, not least because we've got countless TV series to catch up on and I really want to rediscover the lost art of actually reading a book of an evening...

No comments: