Wednesday, October 18, 2017

It's what she would have wanted?

We've had stories of bands giving away the ashes of former members together with copies of their new album, and I've previously written about the possibility of getting your own remains incorporated into a record. Now IDLES have announced that at the end of the month they'll be releasing a limited edition of 100 records that pay tribute to Joe Talbot's mum in a fairly unusual way.

The vocalist explains: "My old dear didn't have the luxury of finding something that could save her; I've had her ashes pressed into 100 vinyl to symbolise just how important she was to this album, to this band and of course to me and my drive to exist in the most loving and honest me."

I can't say I'd be that comfortable owning a copy.

No comments: