Monday, July 17, 2017

Know Your Enemy

"Apparently Dave was going to re-record a few of the songs. I don't know if the producer told him to keep going, or what. But the next thing you know all of the work I had done was gone except for one or two of the tracks. ... ['Raped'] was a way of describing how it felt - when you put that much of yourself into something, and then without you even knowing, it is completely destroyed from existence. ... The way things were handled, and what was done to me, I do think that staying in that band would have made me feel like my soul was destroyed and I would have likely ended up dead."

Time heals? Not for William Goldsmith, Foo Fighters' original drummer, who remains royally pissed off at Dave Grohl for what transpired during the recording of The Colour And The Shape. Very few people ever seem to have a bad word to say about Grohl - but Goldsmith might receive a sympathetic hearing from Melvins' Buzz Osborne.

No comments: