Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Know Your Enemy

"So all you over-privileged, economically disadvantaged and socially unpersecuted white cisgendered males out there, I say this: I'm sorry you're suffering. I'm sorry you didn't choose to be born who you are.

I didn't choose to be born into a racially segregated patriarchy where menstruation and childbirth render me intolerant of your suffering, and where I'm statistically more likely to be raped, murdered or discriminated against than you.

But we all have our crosses to bear."

The Independent's Harriet Marsden responds to a laugable article claiming that straight, white men are the silenced victims of feminism. The original piece is particularly extraordinary for appearing in the Guardian (of all places) rather than the Daily Mail or the Telegraph.

(Thanks to Lyndsey for the link.)

No comments: